Bronze Turkey Crown (£19.99 / kg)
A turkey crown is the body of the bird with the legs and wings removed, leaving the white breast meat attached to the bones.
*All Prices Are Approximate*
How to cook a turkey crown
- Set the oven to: 190°C/180°C fan/gas 5
- Weigh your bird to calculate the correct cooking time – it’s 20 minutes per kg. Then add on another 70 minutes (or 90 minutes if your turkey crown weighs more than 4kg).
- Add some fat to keep it moist – either butter or fat from another meat.
- Cover the turkey with a loose tent of foil, which will help stop it drying out.
- Remove the foil 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, put the temperature up to 200°C/190°C fan/gas 6.
- Baste the turkey with its own juices. Insert a skewer into the thickest part of the crown when you think it’s cooked. If it’s cooked, the juices should run clear rather than pink. If it’s not, put it back in the oven and check it with the skewer regularly.
Save this product for later